Monday 3 October 2011

REALISE has Lift Off!

On Friday we started the REALISE Project with an induction afternoon.

First things first, let's get the food sorted! Every session is going to start with a shared lunch in the delivery room that will be arranged by the REALISE staff. We dined together on a buffet - feast courtesy of Muz; I think I almost became a pear I ate that many pieces of it!

Through the lunch time chit chat, I found out that favourite foods in the group are; chocolate cake, pizza and Chinese...Hmmmm not the healthiest of options there guys! Perhaps we can try and lighten these up and see if we can still eat our favourites but with a healthy spin on them?

I also discovered that we have a resident baker in our group who has photographic evidence of the most delicious cakes. I hope that we get to sample some soon!

As the afternoon got under way, we all got to know each other a bit better and found out more about each other's expectations and also what REALISE is going to entail. Everyone took home an induction pack, full of information about the project including practicalities, course set up and the realy important REALISE agreement.

Then we had a go at two activities, 'Hands of Time' and 'Getting to Know Me Man.' Each activity had an independent and a pair work section so we could find out more about each other in a fun and creative way. Then, we fed back to each other as a group to help us gel.

My favourite is the 'Getting To KNow Me Man' as it still surprises me every time how different each side is when the same questions are being asked. It truly makes for fascinating reading/viewing!

I am so pleased to have met everyone at last and I look forward to seeing our last minute recruits who are joining ranks with us next (now this in fact) week.

I have got some FANTASTIC projects lined up for us so with your enthusiasm and creativity, we should be ready to rock!

See you Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment